Bunbury Vineyard is a part of Vineyard Churches Australia, a family of churches pursuing God’s Kingdom for our nation. We operate as a Team lead church, headed up by our Senior Elder Tim Wheeldon. Tim is the first point of contact to the general community and can be contacted on 0412 456768. The team includes all the elders and leaders of our various ministries. Follow our Leadership Team link for more details.
Our church building may be closed but our church is alive and well!
Due to the current global circumstances we have had to discontinue meeting together in person but we are developing ways to continue connecting well with each other, just differently! We want to keep in touch with everyone and we invite you to explore with us new opportunities via Zoom, What’s App and Messenger groups, email, our church Facebook page, text messaging and of course through our Contact Us link on this website. A new sermon will be uploaded here every week.
Click on any of the images below for more detail....
Bunbury Vineyard Christian Fellowship began in 1999 as a plant from the Australind Vineyard Church. The plant originally met at the Bunbury Lighthouse Beach Resort, before moving to the Lyric Theatre for around 18 months and then to our Clifton Street location for 16 years. In August 2017 we moved to our current location in Wellington Street. More about Vineyard....
Our Church supports a Compassion child and we are also part of a TEAR Australia initiative in Asia. Through TEAR Australia we partner with PNKS, a Cambodian Christian community development agency. For more info visit https://www.tear.org.au. We also now support the work of IJM (International Justice Mission). For more information visit https://www.ijm.org.au., and contribute to the ongoing work of Vineyard Churches Australia. A Filipino church, RCCGO, utilises our venue on Saturday afternoons to conduct their services. Locally, we try to support families and/or groups in need as the opportunities arise. We support the local Street Chaplaincy ministry in partnership with other local churches in our community. A number of our fellowship are actively involved with the program (see Tim Wheeldon or Alison Paull for more details). We supply a simple breakfast to anyone in need each Sunday morning from 8.30 – 9.15am.
Partner with the Holy Spirit
Our mission involves praying & finding power from God himself to accomplish what humans never could accomplish on their own. We pray for the sick; confront injustice; & seek to hear the voice of God on behalf of others. This involves partnership with a Person beyond ourselves.
Experience & worship God
Genesis 3:1-24 tells of the moment when humans rebelled against God & chose their own way over & against the will of God. the result is isolation & alienation. Self-centred creatures care far more for themselves than they care about God, people & his creation. The declaration of the kingdom of God is an act of reconciliation: bringing people back to God, into deep relationship with each other, & into a life of caring about God’s creation again.
Reconcile people with God and all creation
Worshiping & experiencing God goes far beyond singing. In every moment of our lives, we seek to live in the presence of the Lord. At the same time, corporate singing is a precious part of what it means for us to be the people of the kingdom.
Pursue culturally relevant mission in the world
The message of the kingdom was intended by Jesus to extend from culture to culture & from generation to generation. While our core values & beliefs do not change, the form in which they are expressed will change. The kingdom of God can be expressed through casualness or formality, rock music or hip-hop, big churches or house churches. The key for us is to stay true to the mission of God, & let God show us how his glory can be expressed in each new context.
Engage in compassionate ministry
In the Gospels we are reminded that as crowds gathered to see Jesus’ ministry & hear the profound wisdom he offered, Jesus looked out at the crowd & had compassion on them. Compassion is not about pitying people. It is seeing people in their difficult, complicated life situations & believing that God can use his people to minister hope to them.
Church Leadership: We operate as a TEAM lead church – headed up by our Senior Elder, Tim Wheeldon. Tim is the first point of contact of our church to the general community on 0412 456 768. This team includes all the elders and leaders listed below. All are available for contact if you have concerns or needs. The photo board will help you identify the various team members and their areas of leadership.
Elders: Our Elders meet weekly to pray and plan for the spiritual needs and direction of our church.
Leadership Team: Our leadership team meets monthly to work through the many issues involved in the nitty gritty of keeping our many activities supported and functioning.
Tim & Judy Wheeldon
Alison & Grahame Paull
Daryl & Linda Nettleton
IT, Multi Media & Treasurer
Youth Ministry, Venue Hire, Housekeeping
Boudewijn (Beau) Kaan
Please note that because the sermon files are quite large they may take up to twenty seconds to begin playing on phones and ipads
- 01.https://bunburyvineyard.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/A-Still-Small-Voice-Tim-W-28-2-2021.mp3A Still Small Voice Tim W 28-2-202134:00s158audio/mpeg80
- 02.https://bunburyvineyard.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/21_02_14-Jane-Olsen-1-Chronicles.mp321_02_14 Jane Olsen 1 Chronicles32:37s157audio/mpeg80
- 03.https://bunburyvineyard.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/21_02_07-Tim-Wheeldon-Grace-and-Truth.mp321_02_07 Tim Wheeldon Grace and Truth31:43s156audio/mpeg80
- 04.https://bunburyvineyard.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/21_01_31-Noel-Barnes-Grace.mp321_01_31 Noel Barnes Grace28:37s155audio/mpeg80
- 05.https://bunburyvineyard.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/21_01_24-Trevor-Wolfe-The-Mystery-of-God.mp321_01_24 Trevor Wolfe The Mystery of God30:59s154audio/mpeg80
- 06.https://bunburyvineyard.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/17_01_21-Tim-In-Jesus-Heaven-and-Earth-have-met.mp317_01_21 Tim In Jesus Heaven and Earth have met35:47s153audio/mpeg80
- 07.https://bunburyvineyard.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/21_01_10-Jane-Olsen-2-Kings.mp321_01_10 Jane Olsen 2 Kings32:30s152audio/mpeg80
- 08.https://bunburyvineyard.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/20_10_04-Tim-Wheeldon-Communion.wav20_10_04 Tim Wheeldon Communion12:44s142audio/wav80
- 09.https://bunburyvineyard.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/20_12_06-Trevor-Wolfe-Eternity.mp320_12_06 Trevor Wolfe Eternity29:14s151audio/mpeg80
- 10.https://bunburyvineyard.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/20_11_29-Tim-Wheeldon-Humility-in-Hearing.mp320_11_29 Tim Wheeldon Humility in Hearing30:38s150audio/mpeg80
Whilst much around us is changing, one thing does remain constant and that is that as a church organisation we have ongoing costs regardless of how we meet. We are thankful that we are a generous church family and we appreciate your ongoing contributions to enable us to honour our obligations and support agencies. Our online banking details for direct deposits:
Acc. name - Bunbury Vineyard Christian Fellowship, Inc.
BSB - 066 507
Acc # - 10511010